Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Last Night in the States for a While

So I am currently in Miami Florida for my two day staging event. I started my day today at 3:45am in Nashville TN to be able to make a 6:15am flight to Miami that arrived at about 9:30. I then ran in to two other PC volunteers that were checking in at the same time as I was to the Hotel so we all met up and went out to eat across the way where we picked up some sandwiches. We ate them outside the brilliant Miami sun and heat. After that we all went back to our rooms to cool off for a little while and get changed for the PC meeting which started at 1:30pm up on the 20th floor of the hotel in a conference room.

The meeting was turning in the final paper work and all of that fun jazz...although I have this suspicion that there will still be more paper work yet to come as I believe I have come to the realization that it is truly never ending. There are about 45 of us all together. Two married couples, about three ladies 35-50, about four single guys, and the rest all girls (the norm is 40% male to 60% female). Today was pretty much just an introduction the PC and to each other. We ended the day by a meal out at the Cheese Cake Factory where everyone was too full to have any Cheese Cake by the time we were all done although one girl ordered a piece to go.

We leave tomorrow at 10:30 am from the hotel to get to the airport for a 3:25 flight out to Quito Ecuador. Quito is currently on Central time but goes to Eastern time later in the year because they do not do daylight savings from my understanding thus far...I do believe. We should get into Quito at about 6:30 about a four hour flight (eastern to central time).

That's about as much of an update as I have for now...so I guess that means my next post will be from Ecuador itself! Wish me luck folks!!!

P.S. I'm a little sleep deprived at the moment...so if something didn't make sense or I forgot something, I'm sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment